The Principle And Application Range Of Al Battery
- Principle of al battery
- Comparison of al battery and other batteries
- Main product introduction of al battery
Aluminum can provide 3 electrons during charging and discharging, and has high charge storage capacity. Al battery has a higher theoretical energy density (8046mAh/cm3), which is about 4 times that of lithium-ion batteries.
At present, there are two types of electrolytes for al battery: aqueous and organic. The aqueous electrolyte has the advantages of cheap price, simple production process and convenient use. Therefore, compared with organic batteries, aqueous batteries should have higher safety, wider applicability and lower price.
Principle of al battery
The al battery consists of a stack composed of aluminum fuel power generation units as the energy source, plus an electric energy output device composed of an al battery control unit, a reaction fluid flow control system, and a power transmission and distribution module.
The main structure of the al battery power generation unit includes an aluminum electrode, an air electrode and an electrolyte. The aluminum alloy is used as the negative electrode and the air electrode is used as the positive electrode. The total reaction equation of the battery is: 2Al+3/2O2+3H2O=2Al(OH)3.
Aluminum fuel can be divided into DC power supply and AC power supply according to the output type; according to the structure type, it can be divided into cabinet power supply, combined power supply and mobile power supply. The aluminum fuel can provide 220V/380V AC or 48V DC output according to the application environment.
Comparison of al battery and other batteries
Advantages of al battery
- High energy density. Aluminum fuel has extremely high energy density, the theoretical value is 8178 Wh/kg, and the actual product reaches 800 Wh/kg.
- High security. The aluminum fuel is highly safe, and it will not catch fire and explode in extreme situations such as impact, puncture, drop, and short circuit.
- Strong environmental adaptability. The aluminum fuel power supply can operate normally in plateau lack of oxygen, high and low temperature, and underwater environment.
- System guarantee operation cost is low. Compared with the guarantee mode of lead-acid battery + diesel engine + air conditioner, the aluminum fuel can reduce the operating cost by 50%. The content of aluminum element in the earth’s crust ranks third. China’s electrolytic aluminum production capacity has reached 80 million tons.
- Convenient operation and maintenance. Aluminum fuel can provide timely service through real-time monitoring and remote control, with high efficiency and greatly reduced cost.
- Convenient storage and transportation. The aluminum fuel material is in a modular structure, and can be combined in any combination according to the needs, and the required backup power supply system can be quickly established, with convenient mobility and flexibility.
- Green and environmental protection. The aluminum fuel consumes aluminum, oxygen and water during power generation. The power generation process does not produce toxic and harmful gases. The main by-product aluminum hydroxide is not only harmless to the environment, but also can be recycled and reused. It can be made into industrial raw materials or electrolytically reduced to aluminum.
Disadvantages of lead-acid batteries
- Environmental issues. Theoretically, the lead-acid battery only has a cycle life of about 200 times, and the service life is 2 years. When the battery capacity drops to a certain level, it needs to be replaced with a new battery. Since the main raw materials of lead-acid batteries are lead and strong acid, both types of substances are within the key monitoring scope of hazardous chemical management.
With the improvement of environmental protection standards, the production and recycling costs of lead-acid batteries are also increasing. Lead-acid batteries Purchasing enterprises will also bear the disposal cost of 9,000 yuan per ton of used batteries.
- Guarantee duration. The lead-acid battery can provide power supply for the base station for more than 3 hours (the actual guarantee time is related to the condition of the lead-acid battery and the ambient temperature). After that, it is necessary to manually transport the fuel generator to the site to work, and carry out the echelon relay of power guarantee.
- Environmental adaptability. Lead-acid batteries are more sensitive to ambient temperature, and the battery status and service life are best when the temperature range is around 25°C, so an air-conditioning system is also required to keep the battery management system warm.
Therefore, the place where the lead-acid battery is placed cannot be completely sealed, which will increase the energy consumption of the air conditioning system to a certain extent.
Main product introduction of al battery
Emergency backup power supply
The al battery backup power supply and the original battery pack together constitute the base station backup power supply system.
The al battery is connected to the mains, and the al battery is used as a backup power supply when there is a mains supply, and it can be used as the main power supply when there is no mains supply. The battery acts as a supplementary power source, providing power supply during the starting process of the al battery.
Al battery backup power can provide (N+1) power solutions for communication base stations, which can greatly reduce the purchase of lead-acid batteries, and can provide power supply for base stations for a long time without greatly increasing equipment investment.
The al battery backup realizes intelligent detection, which can provide real-time feedback on the power supply status of the base station, realizes intelligent maintenance, and reduces the maintenance cost of backup power supply equipment.
Mobile charging station
Al battery is easy to carry, easy to maintain, adaptable to the shape of the material, high safety factor, and strong environmental adaptability, etc., using aluminum fuel to avoid the mains protection caused by current surge during large-scale charging, and realize charging without network , saving the cost of power grid transformation, less investment and low cost.
The mobile charging station adopts a professional DC-DC for electric vehicles, with an output voltage of 400V-750V, which meets the current charging voltage requirements for electric vehicles. The system is compatible with old and new national standards and various charging protocols.
Its intelligent charging algorithm realizes the charging automatic adjustment mode, which can greatly prolong the lithium ion battery cycle life.
Traction power supply
Al battery can be used as a range-extending auxiliary for lithium battery electric vehicles or directly use al battery as the power source of electric vehicles.
As a new type of high-capacity DC power supply, aluminum-air metal fuel cells provide a new solution to the shortcoming of existing electric vehicles with short continuous mileage due to insufficient capacity of lithium battery packs.
On the basis of an electric vehicle equipped with a certain-capacity lithium battery pack, it is equipped with a set of aluminum fuel DC device, and the lithium battery pack together provides driving power for the electric vehicle.
When the car is running, you can choose to use the lithium battery pack alone to provide power or both to provide driving power. When the lithium battery capacity is insufficient or the driving capacity is not enough, the aluminum fuel DC power supply device can provide part or even all of the driving capacity, and can also charge the lithium battery at the same time.
Cold chain logistics vehicles using al battery are economically superior to traditional fuel vehicles: in the case of electrolytic aluminum, the operating cost is about 79% of traditional vehicles. With scrap aluminum, operating costs are about 32% of conventional vehicles.